Trust & Probate Litigation Attorney

 6. What do I do if the decedent only left a small estate, but the bank says I need to give them letters of administration?

You can try completing a Declaration for Collection of Property Without Probate. It is not a court procedure and must be done after at least 40 days of the decedent’s date of death. All people entitled to receive assets from the estate must sign the affidavit and their signatures must be notarized. This declaration cannot be used to transfer real property.

bankruptcy glossary terms