Trust & Probate Litigation Attorney

57. Does a guardian need to do anything further with the court after being appointed?

Yes. The guardian must continue to keep the court informed of their current address. If you are going to move out of the State, you first need the court’s permission to move the child out of the State by filing a Petition to Fix Residence Outside the State of California. This proceeding may take some time, so file it as soon as you know about the move.

bankruptcy glossary terms