Trust & Probate Litigation Attorney

55. What if there is an immediate need for a guardianship?

You must still file a Petition for Guardianship. Then you can file an Ex Parte Petition for Temporary Guardianship. This is usually only granted for real emergencies, such as if the minor needs immediate medical treatment. The temporary guardianship will only be in place until the hearing on the underlying Petition for Guardianship.

bankruptcy glossary terms